A 16-year-old girl was abducted from the street and subsequently escaped yesterday in Chicago.
Details appear limited. As reported by ABC7 in a story today titled “Police: Teen abducted, released near Jefferson Park station” :
Chicago police are investigating after a 16-year-old girl was abducted.
It happened Thursday about 8 a.m. as the girl got off a bus on Belmont headed toward Notre Dame High School. She told police that a man in burgundy-colored car tried talking to her, then forced her into the car and locked the doors.
She said the man let her out near the Jefferson Park station where she called police. She was taken to Our Lady of Resurrection Medical Center, where she was treated and released.
Another slightly different version on the same incident (in which the girl is said to have escaped from the car after a struggle with the man) can be seen at the Chicago Tribune story of September 30 titled “16-year-old girl abducted, escapes near Jefferson Park.”
A lawsuit has been filed in Madison, Connecticut against the town’s board of education. The lawsuit has been filed by the family of a 13-year-old girl who was allegedly raped by classmates during a New Year’s Eve party last year. The lawsuit claims the board discriminated against the girl and failed to protect her from continued harassment at school after the incident.
Various excerpts from the Courant.com story of September 29 titled “Girl’s Family Sues Madison School Board In Alleged Rape” :
The lawsuit, filed on Sept. 13, alleges that the Madison board members took no disciplinary action against the boys after becoming aware of the incident and allowed them to “remain in school, participate in sports, ski bus and other activities until they voluntarily withdrew approximately eight weeks after the assault and were arrested.”
The boys eventually pleaded guilty at the state superior court for juvenile matters, according to the lawsuit. Juvenile matters are not open to the public, so that claim could not be verified.
The alleged assault occurred on Dec. 31, 2009, at a private residence. Five boys, all students at Walter C. Polson Middle School, took turns raping the girl while a sixth boy took “compromising” photographs of her and later showed them to classmates, according to the lawsuit.
According to lawsuit, the school board became aware of the alleged assault around Jan. 11, 2010, and knew of the “related harassment” of the girl at school. It also allowed five of the boys to remain in school until their arrests on Feb. 13, 2010, and allowed the boy who photographed the girl to finish out the year at the middle school with only a one-week suspension, the suit alleges.
The suit also claims that one of the boys was allowed to enroll at Daniel Hand High School in 2010, while the girl was a freshman, and remain there until he withdrew three weeks later in response to “repeated demands” by the girl’s mother.
“Despite actual knowledge of all the above facts, the [school board] did nothing to protect Mary Doe from such repeated sexual harassment and intimidation by the [boys] and their friends,” the suit states.
Additional details and possible updates can be seen in the above-referenced Courant.com story.
Yesterday, a 34-year-old man was charged with sexually assaulting an 83-year-old woman in Orland Park, Illinois. The attack happened Friday in a field behind a Home-Depot store at 7300 W. 159th Street, according to Orland Park police.
Dennis D. Dodson Jr. has been charged with one count of aggravated criminal sexual assault, according to police. He is believed to be homeless.
According to an article in the September 24 Chicago Tribune, titled “Cops: Man charged in Orland Park attack on 83-year-old woman” :
The victim called 911 about 11:15 a.m. to report she was attacked in a field behind a Home Depot, 7300 W. 159th Street in the southwest suburb, according to a release from Orland Park police.
After police responded, a Cook County Sheriff’s Police canine unit and helicopter, as well as Forest Preserve District, Tinley Park, Oak Forest, and Orland Hills police departments helped look for the attacker, police said.
Officers from the Tinley Park Police Department found the man about 9;45 p.m. Friday near 170th Street and Harlem Avenue, police said.
The woman told police that before the assault, she had tried to help the man because she thought he was homeless and lived in woods behind the store, according to police.
The man instead knocked her to the ground and assaulted her before a passing Orland Park police patrol car scared him off. Police believe he may have fled on a black bicycle.
The woman was taken to Advocate South Suburban Hospital in Hazel Crest and treated for minor injuries.
News sources are reporting of a robbery and rape of a woman that occurred in Chicago’s Lincoln Park neighborhood yesterday.
Details are somewhat limited.
A 27-year-old woman told police that she was robbed and sexually assaulted at gunpoint in an upper-level apartment of a duplex in the 2600 block of North Wilton, which is a few blocks from DePaul University’s campus. The incident happened around 2:30 p.m.
The assailant wore a ski mask, gloves, black gym shoes and a dark suit, according to police. He is said to have taken an undisclosed amount of cash.
The woman was taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center and was released.
The neighborhood in which the incident took place was regarded as one that was considered “safe,” according to residents.
Additional details and possible updates can be found at a variety of sources including the September 22 ABC7News story titled “Robbery, sex assault reported in Lincoln Park near DePaul on Wilton near Wrightwood” and the September 21 Chicago Tribune story titled “Woman robbed, sexually assaulted in Lincoln Park.”
A Bolingbrook, Illinois man is being held on a $3 million bond after reportedly molesting a girl in 2009 who was 6 years old at the time.
The man, William K Freund, 30, also allegedly made videos of himself having sex with the girl.
On Saturday, the girl’s mother called police immediately after she received a picture text message of her ex-boyfriend Freund engaged in sexual activities with the girl, according to police. The message was sent by Freund’s wife, according to prosecutors.
The victim and her mother previously lived with Freund at 461 Seminole Lane for 3 years, according to police.
Upon questioning, Freund allegedly told police that the 6-year-old girl was a willing participant in the sexual activities. Prosecutors say Freund had sex with the girl between March 2009 and June 2009.
On Monday, prosecutors said they found more than 130 naked photos of the girl and videos of the girl performing sex acts.
Freund, if convicted of 10 criminal counts, would face at least 36 years in prison. He faces counts including predatory criminal sexual assault, aggravated child pornography and aggravated criminal sexual abuse.
Further information and possible updates can be found in the September 19 Herald-News article titled “Bolingbrook man taped sex abuse of 6-year-old girl.”