There has been an arrest of a high school teacher from Harlem High School on charges of criminal aggravated sexual abuse.
An excerpt from the wrex.com article of July 17, 2015, titled “Harlem High School teacher arrested on sex abuse charges“:
Bryan Marchione, 33, is charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse, according to the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office.
A release from the Roscoe Police Department says the district is aware of the investigation and is cooperating.
Additional details and possible updates can be seen in a variety of media sources, including the WREX.com article mentioned above, as well as the July 17 Rockford Register Star article titled “Harlem H.S. teacher arrested on sexual abuse charge.”
There has been a jury verdict in the Circuit Court of Cook County for $18 million in the sexual assault of three women.
The women sued St. Leonard’s Ministries (of Chicago), a halfway house that Julius Anderson had been staying at in 2009, prior to his leaving the facility and sexually assaulting the women. According to the lawsuit, Anderson cut off his electronic monitoring device and left the facility unnoticed prior to the assaults in 2009.
An excerpt from the myfoxchicago.com article of July 16, 2015, titled “Near West Side halfway house hit with $18 million verdict in sexual assaults“:
Over a 24-day period, Anderson sexually assaulted the women at knifepoint in Bucktown and Lakeview. Officials at St. Leonard’s allegedly didn’t know he was missing for 12 days.
A jury Wednesday found the halfway house failed to provide adequate security to monitor sex offenders and failed to warn police and residents when Anderson went missing.
Additional details regarding these Chicago sexual assaults and the Cook County jury award can be found in a variety of media sources, including the myfoxchicago.com article mentioned above, as well as the July 16 Chicago Sun-Times article titled “Near West Side halfway house hit with $18 million verdict in sexual assaults.”
Two new sexual abuse lawsuits have been filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County against the Archdiocese of Chicago and the Catholic Bishop of Chicago.
The new lawsuits allege sexual abuse by former priest Daniel McCormack. The plaintiffs have been identified as John J. Doe 4 and John L. Doe 5.
The allegations are discussed in a variety of media sources, including the July 7, 2015 Chicago Sun-Times article titled “Two new lawsuits filed against convicted former priest Daniel McCormack.”
The suits allege the Archdiocese received warnings about McCormack’s behavior and could have stopped the abuse earlier.
Both four-count lawsuits seek more than $200,000 in damages.
Additional details and possible updates concerning this alleged Chicago sexual abuse can be seen in a variety of media sources, including the Chicago Sun-Times article mentioned above, as well as the July 7, 2015 CBS Chicago article titled “Two New Lawsuits Filed Against Convicted Former Priest Daniel McCormack.”
There was a sexual assault Friday afternoon (June 12, 2015) in which a woman was sexually assaulted and robbed in Chicago’s Calumet Heights neighborhood.
According to Chicago Police, a 25-year-old woman was walking in the 8800 block of South Crandon Avenue at approximately 12:30 p.m. At that time, a man approached her and displayed a gun. Then, the woman was forced to go into her house, where the assailant sexually assaulted and robbed her.
An excerpt from the June 13, 2015 Chicago Tribune article titled “Woman sexually assaulted, robbed at gunpoint on South Side: police“:
The attacker was described as a black man with a medium complexion, about 6 feet tall and weighing 200 pounds. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, dark blue jeans, and black and red “Michael Jordan” gym shoes, police said.
A police sketch shows him with facial hair and wearing a ski mask.
Those with information concerning the sexual assault or assailant are asked to contact Chicago Police Area South detectives at 312-747-8271.
Additional details and possible updates can be seen in a variety of media sources, including the Chicago Tribune article mentioned above.
A man has been charged with regard to repeated child luring attempts and related activities in Chicago’s western suburbs.
An excerpt from the June 4, 2015 abc7chicago.com article (with video) titled “West Chicago man charged in attempted child abductions in in Lisle, Addison“:
Giuseppe Ressa, 34, is charged with three counts of aggravated kidnapping, two counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault, and three counts of child abduction, according to the DuPage County state’s attorney.
The article details various alleged incidents with regard to children in Lisle and Addison.
Another excerpt, quoting DuPage County State’s Attorney Robert Berlin:
“He lured two of the children, a boy and a girl, into a vestibule in the apartment building. And while inside the apartment building, he rubbed the girl’s thigh,” Berlin said.
The Naperville Sun (Chicago Tribune) article (with video) of June 4, titled “No bond for West Chicago man charged with trying to kidnap two children” also discusses the alleged luring incidents. An excerpt:
Berlin said the investigation remains open and anyone with information is asked to call police.
Additional details regarding this child luring and other allegations can be seen in various media sources, including the abc7chicago.com article and Chicago Tribune articles seen above.
Additional posts concerning actual and attempted Chicago-area child abductions can be seen in the “Attempted Child Abductions” category.